Welcome to Professional Parenting InstituteFollow @parentingexpert
Judy Arnall is Canada's leading expert on normal child development and non-punitive parenting and education practices.
Judy Arnall is a regular parenting expert on CTV's Alberta Prime Time, Global TV, and City BT-TV
Get expert help to move your important family relationships from good to excellent, through webinars, keynotes, workshops, dinner seminars, articles, books, videos, train-the-trainer courses, Lunch'n'Learns and private consulting.
Terrific Toddlers - Live and Recorded Online 4 Session Course
The Terrific Toddlers course is based on the program "Terrific Toddlers" developed by Alberta Health Services and presented by Professional Parenting Canada
The live course is the same evening for four weeks, or you can have all four recordings immediately and drop into coaching sessions every Friday afternoon.
For parents of all children ages 1-4 years
Mondays January 9th, (no class 16th), 23, 30, and Feb 6th 2017 from 9-10 pm (Eastern Toronto Time) and 7-8 pm (Mountain Alberta Time)
$120.00 per computer. Includes a printed book, pdf worksheets, and recordings. Completion certificates will be available if 3 out of 4 classes are attended.
Please register below:
If you can't attend the live sessions, and still wish to enjoy the recordings, or the classes have already started, or you can't wait until the start date, please register anyways and we will send the recordings to you and schedule private online one-to-one coaching time if you desire.
Instructor is Judy Arnall, BA, CCFE (Canadian Certified Family Life Educator with 20 years experience teaching parent education).
"Thank you for offering webinars. It was helpful to learn from the other 'voices' and gather tips for normal, everyday parenting challenges." Nicola, Online participant
Module 1 (First week) - The Parenting Role, Temperament, Self-Care, Picky Eating and Oral Health
Module 2 (Second week) - Developmental Milestones and Stages, Attachment Theory, Separation Anxiety, Sleep Challenges, and Toilet Training
Module 3 (Third week) - Brain Development and Play, Healthy Self-esteem, Effective Communication, and Safety.
Module 4 (Fourth week) - Anger, Feelings, Temper Tantrums, Behaviour and GuidanceTerrific Toddlers Course Poster
"I think your webinars/recordings are such a fantastic idea. I contemplated taking a class, but the times for the classes through any of the organizations in Calgary seemed difficult to manage on top of everything else. A webinar format that I can access at any time is very convenient. Thanks for offering the Terrific Toddlers course in this way." - M.V.
Caring Family Communication Skills Practice - In Person Course
3 Wednesdays, January 18, 25th and February 1, 2017, 6-8 pm
Banbury Crossroads School, #201-2451 Dieppe Ave S.W. $167.00 per person or $267.00 per couple. Textbook and workbook included. Instructor: Judy Arnall, Certified P.E.T. Instructor and CCFE Canadian Family Life Educator. Please call 403-714-6766 for more information.
For parents of children ages 2 - 30 years
Suitable for graduates of communication-based parenting courses such as "How to Talk so Kids Will Listen," "P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training," "Terrific Toddlers," "Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting," "Gordon Neufeld Training," and "Non-Violent Communication". If you haven't taken these courses, register anyways and we will catch you up on the basic communication skills.
Developed and presented by Professional Parenting CanadaThis session's location is generously sponsored by Banbury Crossroads School
"I just wanted to say thank you so much for the class. I will be attending the next one you have. The knowledge you have given me and the extra skills are priceless and I have started implementing them and will continue to use them and grow with them in both my sons life and everyday life." Lynn
Communication skills are ever more important for family relationships in our increasingly digital world. The PET course builds such skills. Learn how to open up conversations with your children, especially teenagers and young adults. Practice ways to build links, and to respectfully assert your parental needs, with school-aged kids and even toddlers. Learn helpful approaches for conflict resolution in the family environment. When parents take this course, all members of the family will benefit from improved communication practice. For parents of all children ages 2 to adulthood.
The following concepts will be covered:
- The parenting style axis; differences between collaborative parenting and authoritative parenting styles
- Anger management - 3 simple steps to calmness
- 3 Kinds of stress
- Who owns the problem? Determining which skill to use
- Skill practice in Active Listening - When, where and when not to
- Skill practice in I-Messages - When, where and when not to
- Shifting Gears - The art of skillfully disarming an angry person
- Skill practice in Problem-Solving
- Sibling Fighting - When to intervene, how to calm everyone, and how to negotiate sibling conflicts
- Skill practice with scenarios of problem areas
- The role of consequences and time-outs, temperament and development
- Skill practice in managing value collisions
November 2016 TV Advice
Handling After School Attitude
October 2016 TV Advice
Is Yelling Harmful?
Should You Tie Chores to Allowance?
How to Handle Squabbling Siblings
Fall Book Clearance Sale - Have a better behaved child by Christmas!
Get both print books mailed to you for one low price of $30 including FREE shipping!
You can Parent Without Punishment in a Punishing WorldCTV
|Click on Wordpress logo for our Non-Punitive Parenting Help Blog|
|Click on Youtube logo to Watch Our Parenting Advice Videos on Youtube|
Today's Families Need
- Communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Healthy self-image and esteem
- Bully-proofing: assertiveness and empathy training
- Anger management tools
- Problem-solving strategies
- Emotional intelligence development
- A system to manage work-family stress
Professional Parenting Canada Offers
- Keynote and breakout interactive speakers for your corporate or organizational events, conferences, and lunchtime educational sessions. We present to groups of 8 to 1000 people.
- Parent education offered through webinars, classes, speeches, workshops and Lunch 'N' Learn sessions on over 50 topics
customized for your organization with optional follow-up consultations and online support. Webinars are available across Alberta, Canada
- E-mail, telephone, and in-home consultations on non-punitive parenting and education practices, can be provided together with an education program or as a stand alone service at reasonable hourly rates.
- Although Judy Arnall is the main expert, Professional Parenting Canada provides back-up speakers/certified educators in the unlikely event that Judy could not make your important engagement. This would be with your consent or your full invoice would be refunded.
- Evidence-based parenting information is provided for journalists and media interviews on today's parenting issues, for any age, from babies to teens.
- Articles reprintable for your newsletter, magazine, blog, or website. Just remember to include the byline!
Audience HandoutsParent Link Provincial Conference Keynote handout "It Takes a Village to Cherish a Parent, to Nurture a Child" Yukon Child Care Conference Keynote handout "Play Is the Key to University"
Sign up for monthly notifications of upcoming parenting/education webinars delivered right to your inbox. We will not share or sell your email address.