Welcome to Professional Parenting Canada
We move your important family relationships from good to excellent.
We provide webinars, interactive keynotes, dinner seminars, articles, books, videos, train-the-trainer courses, Lunch'n'Learns and private consulting.
We are specialists in normative child development and non-punitive parenting and educaton practices.
Join our list for monthly notifications of upcoming parenting/education webinars. We will not share or sell your email address.
What's New at Professional Parenting?
New release October 16, 2014!
Speaking Engagement Audience Handouts
Congratulations to Carol Luptak, who won the Lego and Cabbage Patch Doll from our booth at the Calgary Baby Show! See you next Spring
As a mom of five children, I start my day at 7 am with a hefty dose of Amy Chua's (Tiger Mom) parenting style; full of ambition, shiny new rules and heavy goals for the day, and then over morning coffee, with my brain in high gear, I contemplate Elizabeth Badinter's (The Feminist) philosophy over a sink full of dirty dishes. After surviving a few tantrums and getting a few chores done, by naptime, I'm really tired and desperate to get my child (and me) asleep, so I indulge in a bit of Jamie Lynne Grumet's (attachment parenting) parenting style and just feel like I want to curl up with my children and snooze away. Order, obedience and patience levels decline as the day moves forward. Dinner time picky eating battles brings out the Pamela Drukerman (French laissez-faire parenting style) in me as I down my fourth glass of wine, and after the wine, the Lenore Skenazy approach (Free range kids) shines best when I crave some precious "me time". I end the day with the question, "What parenting style am I?" There are 50 shades of gray in parenting where everyone demands you be all black or white. Here is my advice to parents: Do the best you can with the resources you have and grow a really thick skin! Take care of yourself! Judy
Join Judy Arnall, content expert for Scholar's Choice Canada, bestselling author and professional teacher conference speaker as she presents the webinar "Understanding Multiple Intelligences"
More Than Ever, Families Today Need
- Communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Healthy self-image and esteem
- Bully-proofing: assertiveness and empathy training
- Anger management tools
- Problem-solving strategies
- Emotional intelligence development
- A system to manage work-family stress
Professional Parenting Canada Offers
- Keynote and breakout interactive speakers for your corporate or organizational events, conferences, and lunchtime educational sessions. We present to groups of 8 to 1000 people.
- Parent education offered through webinars, classes, speeches, workshops and Lunch 'N' Learn sessions on over 50 topics
customized for your organization with optional follow-up consultations and online support. Webinars are available across Alberta, Canada
- E-mail, telephone, and in-home consultations on non-punitive parenting and educationpractices, can be provided together with an education program or as a stand alone service at reasonable hourly rates.
- Evidence-based parenting information is provided for journalists and media interviews on today's parenting issues, for any age, from babies to teens.
- Articles reprintable for your newsletter, magazine, blog, or website. Just remember to include the byline!
Sign up for monthly notifications of upcoming parenting/education webinars delivered right to your inbox. We will not share or sell your email address.