Like Our Facebook Page to Receive Notifications of Upcoming Online Courses, Events, Articles and Videos
Lets Learn Together Conference, 50 people, breakout, "Brain Development 101: Toddlers and Technology"
P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training: A neuro-developmental approach
Location is at Banbury Crossroads School
Tuesdays February 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2024
6:00 PM to 8:30 PM ish
$195.00 per person
This session is generously sponsored by Banbury Crossroads School
NEWS FLASH: Bill Gate's Parents Took P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training! You can take it too at Continuing Education, University of Calgary
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize problem ownership
- Identify the effect of temperament, and parenting styles on relationship building
- Define the stages of development including brain development
- Demonstrate active listening skills, and further skill practice in Active Listening - When, where and when not to
- Demonstrate assertiveness skills and use of the I-message.
- Distinguish between punishment and discipline
- Demonstrate Shifting Gears Skills- The art of skillfully disarming an angry person
- Identify areas of conflict and choose tools to manage it
Demonstrate skill practice in problem-solving
Determine resolutions for values collisions
Apply the above skills for implementing parenting strategies for common parenting concerns
Sibling and Child Fighting - When to intervene, how to calm everyone, and how to negotiate sibling and classroom conflicts.
Read More About the P.E.T. Course
PACT - Parents and Children Together
Voted Calgary's best playgroup/preschool for the past 16 years by Calgary's Child Magazine
For parents of children ages 0-6 years. One low registration fee for the whole family.
Register for the Next Class Here
Thursday Mornings. We are currently waiting for the church to open up during COVID-19
Southwood United Church, 10690 Elbow Drive S.W. Playroom Teacher: Melinda, Parent Discussion Room Facilitator: Judy Arnall
More information and registration here at the PACT website.
Note: Due to Covid-19 PACT may be moved online!
Like Our Facebook Page to Receive Notifications of Upcoming Courses, Events, Articles and Videos